A Traveling Bard
by Michael Brookbank
I consider myself a traveling bard
Often I find myself on a road that I don’t know
Or how I even stumbled upon it
Someone must’ve removed me from the comfortable place I was in
And curiosity will have me follow this road until its end
The road is poorly lit and winding
And its surface is cracked and broken
And with every song I sing on the way
It brings me closer to another place to stay
Because I have found these words bring comfort
While I am traveling all alone
With each and every song I write to sing
It helps to get my mind off things
(For this I consider myself a traveling bard)
A poet and a lyricist who is constantly on the move
No, I’m not traveling towards a city
Or any physical place for that matter,
But a place in my mind rather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment