Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Am Peter

I Am Peter

By Michael Brookbank


This is beautiful.


To feel the waves crash at my ankles

When I’m so far out from shore

And I know I’m walking towards perfection

As I walk towards my Lord.


Then so subtly the wind blows a kiss

And I feel its fingers run through my hair

As I quickly lose sight, I begin to sink

This kiss with ignorance will have me gasping for air


But before I could be swallowed by the lake

I scream out, “Lord save me!”

And he reached out and caught my hand

Then asked why am I such a doubtful man?


Truthfully, I do not know

And this heart is filled with shame

With such little faith, and anxious eyes

What gives me the right to bear his name?


So I pray unto You, Lord:


“Forgive me if the wind blows again

And I forget what it means to have faith

Just continue to remind me

That you will always show your face.


Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment