Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Miracles In Between

Bobby’s Letters:

The Miracles In Between

By Michael Brookbank


I can still remember

When I’d kiss you goodnight

The cold air would pull

At the hairs on the small of your back

And race up your spine, onward

To the rest of your limbs

Until you shivered and smiled

And sometimes I still ask myself

Whatever happened to that smile?

But it really doesn’t matter anymore

You buried your feelings at the bottom of the Lake

And blamed the Sun for not shining on us

When we knowingly stood in the shade

Casted upon us by mountains of sin

You never gave me a chance

To undo the wrongs I made.

You only had faith in yourself

And now we are left both moving mountains

At remarkable speeds

But we make our progress

In totally opposite directions

And the Valley of Silence

Continues to grow wider between us

And at first I hesitate

But I turn back to face my fear

Of you moving on without me

And I become like stone

My heart slows until it stops pumping

And it becomes like an anchor

To keep me from going on my way

I hang my head in disappointment

And as I look down I can see

Through the corner of my eye

The Sun rising above the summit

With such posture and ease

And it pours its light down the mountain’s side

Now I can finally see...

In this Valley are the miracles in between

My past and present sufferings

The distance has shown me

All the good that has come from this story

And if the distance continues to grow wider...

Then the more beauty the Valley can contain...

So grow wider than the sea

Then maybe righteousness will bloom

And both our hearts will be free


“See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord”

I, Bobby, write this in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment