Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Cannot.

Haley’s Letters:

I Cannot. December 1, 2009

By Michael Brookbank


Have I become the weaver of your speech?

Then you truly do not know what you dove into

You said so much of beauty

But in truth not a word was written about me

They were your needs unsatisfied

I surely cannot be your ecstasy

Because the last time

Truth had left my lips

Was the last time I felt your kiss


I knew then that you were starving for something

And I offered my heart of stone

To be your nourishing bread

And then persuaded you:

To throw yourself into me

And if it wasn’t meant to be

Surely angels would catch you

I also told you:

Everything you see could be yours

Just don’t take your eyes off me -Matthew 4

Wait, until you become a limbless body

And all that is left to do

Is remove those begging eyes of blue. -Matthew 5:27-30


And that’s why you lay there in the rubble, broken

The tower you built did not stand on Love

It swayed between the world and the heavens

And when I blew my kiss

From my lungs, beneath my breasts

He unleashed a violent wind -Ezekiel 13:13

From his fiery anger, and in his wrath -Ezekiel 21:31-32

Until he saw you collapse

So rebuild that tower

And build it better

Just know we can never be together


Because the Ocean may carry men

And the Wind may bring them home

But they are not one

The Ocean hopes to move past its shore

To become something more

But it dies within it’s tide

When it grows tired of chasing the Wind -Ecclesiastes

Because the Wind was meant for moving on

And It will forever roam the earth.

Always drifting away


I will always drift away

I’m sorry.

-Haley








The "Have I become the weaver of your speech?

Then you truly do not know what you dove into

You said so much of beauty

But in truth not a word was written about me

They were your needs unsatisfied

I surely cannot be your ecstasy" was actually inspired by Khalil Gibran's words. Look him up!


No comments:

Post a Comment