Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Can Still Feel You Move Through My Vanes

I Can Still Feel You Move Through My Vanes

By Michael Brookbank



May this pen be graced

To inscribe the words on paper

Just as they are etched around my heart,

And may your ears have mercy.

I’m only trying to rekindle

What may still lie inside your chest,

But please forgive me

If there is nothing left.

I’ll simply kick the dirt from my feet

And begin again.

It is meaningless

To chase after the wind.

But notice like the wind

I alone love the unseen in you.

I love your struggles and triumphs,

And your ability to move through

Whatever is around you.

You are beautiful

But I have never seen you,

Only your service towards nature.

You move the Ocean’s waves,

Massage the leaves on trees,

And breathe life into fire.

You are beautiful

But I have never seen you,

Only your service towards man.

You push us back to shore,

Fill our lungs to sing,

And simply let me breathe.

You are a servant.

You are beautiful.

And everything I sought,

But you cannot be caught...

And how could I forget anything

About a wind that I can feel.

Even as it drifts away?


Written by Michael Brookbank

Except for " I alone love the unseen in you" which was written by Khalil Gibran in his book Jesus, The Son Of Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment